This main focus of this patch is on memory optimization, which brings the RAM usage down extensively. This will improve overall gameplay and fix the issues people with less RAM have been having.
Memory Management Overhaul:
- All content is now dynamically loaded/unloaded on RAM when needed (only the contents on screen are on RAM).
- Initial load time is now almost instant.
- Starting size is 0.3 gigs of ram (previously 1.6 gigs).
- This will allow even larger Mods due to the improved RAM headroom.
- Trade off is spawned objects must be loaded from the disk which is slightly slower (minor stutter).
- Brand new jpg compression with much lower files sizes (60% smaller).
- Overall Mod stability improvements.
- Reduced memory footprint for mods due to better compression.
- Resolved many memory leak issues, especially when loading multiple Mods.
- Improved load times when loading from the cache/drive.
- Renamed ‘URL Images’ folder to ‘Images’ (cleanout old cache and improved the name).
- Added more chat messages to inform players the progress of Steam Workshop syncing.
- If special characters are in the file path, the mod save location will be changed to the Game’s Data folder.
- Custom Model has a new object type “Board” (alt zoom does not work on Boards).